A sneak peek of our journey to the big 1.

After giving birth and having that beautiful feeling of being a first time mummy. I had my mum who stayed over for two whole weeks and my grandmother who stayed for a month to help me with my healing process and give my little one our special Indian baths and expose him to our special Indian smoke and also too spend abit of time with my little boy ❤️ During my baby's first month he had to be rushed to hospital due to the fact that he had picked up a little flu bug, with yellow mucus running out of his nose, a fever and constant watery eyes. He had to be treated in hospital for a couple of days. That broke my heart seeing him being so sick and I felt so helpless. All I could do was pray, have faith and be by his side 24/7. Two weeks after him being home I was then admitted in hospital and had to be hospitalized for just over a week for being ill. Thankfully I had my grandmother and sister to look after my little one❤️


After the first two months of being on my journey of Motherhood I had to juggle being a Mom and doing my first year teaching practical, which meant leaving my little one at home with his aunt (My sister) it was so hard and very emotional being out every day doing my practicals, coming home making and spending time with my little one, preparing for the next day and not forgetting hardly getting any sleep throughout the nights. With alot faith and support once again from my family I survived that one.

Just when I thought the hard part had been over! It clearly wasn't. From the time my baby had turned 3 months old all the way to 5 months old we have constantly been in and out of hospital. Once again my little one was ill. During this period he was being taken to the hospital because he had a heavy chest, fever again, watery eyes and breathing problems. I had also picked that he has also been throwing up his milk and had to take him to the hospital again, that's when I found out my baby was reflux and thanks to my pediatrician. My baby was put on Novalac AR Digest and other medication which helped with the reflux but unfortunately our stay in hospital was extended. My baby had to be moved to a baby ICU room where his breathing and reflux had to be monitored.. The extremely sad and heart breaking part of this was that I was only allowed to be with him during the day I was not allowed to stay over and even though I was there during the day I couldn't hold my baby and give him the love that I wanted to give him, he was surrounded with so many machines and in the ICU room there were alot rules that had to be followed and that right there was the most heart breaking moment of my life, having to watch him cry, looking into his eyes I could see how uncomfortable he was and I just wish at that moment I could have taken all his discomfort and pain away. Being away from him at night made it so hard for me to even sleep I kept praying that this would be over cause all I wanted was my baby in my arms at home😭  My little one soon got better after that long stay in hospital, I was even afraid that we'd be spending his first Christmas there, but thankfully he was all better and I got to take him home. I was finally happy again ❤️🙏 little Dre still had reflux medication that had to be taken at home for 3 months and he had to change his sleeping position to only sleeping on his side all the way to the age of 1 year. Throughout those stays in hospital and my baby being at home, he continually amazed me each and every single day with all his Milestone developments and all his smiles and laughter.

I had realized that those bad or heart breaking moments in my life didn't last forever.. If God takes you to it! He will surely take you through it! And I kept on reminding myself about this every time I felt helpless in a situation..


I had a little tradition that I had started called "The count down to the big one" it's a little celebration we do every month till my little one turns ONE🎂❤️
1 Month old -


2 Months old -

3 Months old -


4 Months old -

 
5 Months old -



6 Months old -

7 Months old -


8 Months old-


9 Months old-


10 Months old-


11 Months old-






Be sure to check out my next post.. A sneak peek of Le'dre's First Birthday party (The Big One)





Comments